Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Half marathon training!

My plan was to start my half-marathon training yesterday. I am not off schedule by any means, I actually ran more then planned up at the track with my father-in-law. One good thing about running at the track with John is he pushes me on. The last couple times we have run together, he has me attempt to run a 10 minute mile for our last mile. Usually our 4th or 5th mile. By this time, I am tired... I don't think I can do it.. and I feel like I am going to die halfway through.. but you know what? Last night I hit 9 minutes and 53 seconds. The time before that it was 10 minutes and 10 seconds. So I AM getting better.

Now onto half marathon training talk. I found a 12 week program. Now my half-marathon is actually going to be in April, so that is 5 months away. So I should be very prepared for it.... I'll have to maintain my fitness for awhile, but I am totally ok with running some extra long distance for an extended period of time. I hope to get my milage up, and then maybe even start to work on some speed. See if I can get this thing done in under 2 hours. Not likely..... but a girl can try! :)

For my 12 week progam, I am actually going to start on week 5. The first 4 weeks are basically the same milage I have been maintaining for the last 2 months so I dont think I am going to start over.... I guess you could say then, that I have been training for my half-marathon since the end of October! haha! I might find a different one to attempt earlier in the 2012 year.

Well enough for now. I need to get back to work! Catch you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment