Monday, November 28, 2011

Wet and Rainy November...

Training in November has been a love hate relationship. Last night, on my planned 6 mile run, I only made it about 3.5 miles before I had to call it quits. The rain was coming down so hard that I soaked through pretty much everything I was wearing. 

My Father-in-law received some rain gear last week for his birthday. I am seriously considering picking up some of that for my extra rainy runs! Who cares how weird I look -- it really beats having to cut your run shorts because roads are flooding and there isn't a dry stop on you. 

Well enough complaining for one day. I hope I have found the solution for at least my feet getting wet. I ordered myself a pair of Sockwas. Now these are basically a neoprene sock with some plastic on the bottom. But I believe they are more or less waterproof. I think my Vibram Five Fingers need to rest on days of pouring rain. So I plan to give these Sockwas a shot! I will let you know how it goes. 

For now, on Saturday I did a nice 6.4 mile run. I realized that I DO have my first 12K coming up in 3 weeks and I have neglected to get my distance high enough to handle that without injury. I will be attempting a "12K trial run" this coming Saturday for my long run. But for the mid week runs, I have a long 6 mile run planned for Wednesday, but I think for Tuesday and Thursday I will hang out at the 4 mile range. ---

Looks like overall, my goal of hitting 80 miles run in the month of November is going to be hard to beat. I will fall at a solid 70 miles run, but 80 is a tall order. Not to worry, December will be (more rainy) but more intense. I hope to hit a total of 100 miles run with an average of 25 miles per week. 

In addition, I have decided.... who needs to wait until January to start new goals? Half Marathon training starts now! 

Catch you later, hopefully with Sockwalicious news! 

No comments:

Post a Comment